Hummus with lentils.
Hummus with lentils.
The hummus is a traditional Ancient Greek salad, creamy, consisting of chickpeas, tahini, vegetable oil, garlic and plenty of lemon. The Houmous Salad, or more correctly «the hummus», a combination of sesame and chickpea. It contains tahini, grounded chickpeas, lemon and garlic. The sesame is a derivative of sesame, basically paste of ground sesame. It is a creamy salad, used in the Middle East as an appetizer.
Product properties and beneficial effects by sesame
- Have significant anti-aging properties
- Enhance the proper functioning of the immune system
- Have significant antioxidant properties
- Contribute to the proper functioning of the liver and nervous system
- Fight cholesterol
- Prevent cataracts
- Help fight diabetes
- Combat hypertension
- Help counter atherosclerosis
humus : a product that the ancient Greeks used in their daily diet
The Houmous Salad, or more correctly "the hummus", anaferotane thyself as the ancient Greeks, is combined with sesame any legume. It is a creamy salad containing tahini, legume ground, lemon and garlic. The sesame paste is the slurry of ground sesame.
– The ancient Greek soldiers were always with the sesame seeds that give them high energy to cope with emergencies.
– The ancient Assyrians believed that their gods, Before creating the world, drank wine from sesame.
– The Romans ate a kind of humus from sesame and cumin.
– Now widely used in the Middle East as an appetizer.
tahini It contains significant amounts Omega-6 fatty acids, which reduce "bad" cholesterol levels in the blood. Results of scientific research show that there are other natural substances simultaneously stopping both absorption, and the synthesis of cholesterol.
The sesame contains high amounts of strong antioxidants. They are rich in minerals, necessary for many essential functions in human metabolism. Specifically contain :
– Proteins rich high quality amino acids.
– vitamins B1, B 2 and niacin (help heart, vases, the brain, improve mental functions and memory).
– Thiamine (functioning of the nervous system), copper (reduces joint pain).
– a source iron (physical and mental wellbeing), calcium (strong bones and teeth, osteoporosis), zinc (increases the body's defenses), Magnesium (sedative, tranquilizer, reduces headaches and migraines), phosphorus and potassium.
– It is rich in antioxidants: Vitamin E (at more than twice that amount of olive oil, It has antitumor activity and inhibition in chronic diseases such as cardiovascular, cascade, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson), phytosterols & lignans (antioxidants act, detoxifying and pharmaceutically, reduce cholesterol and hypertension), Selenium.
"Antioxidants protect the body's cells, especially the DNA from damage caused by the generated oxygen free radicals and by-products generated by the normal metabolism. "
Two parallel investigations, which was completed in 2009, demonstrated that sesame said vitamin E and the effect of the lignan, has significant antiaging & antihypertensive properties:
– Department of Microbiology and Food Hygiene – Department of Agriculture, AUTH on "sesame, tahini, halva properties and beneficial effects»
– Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Technology AUTH with Title "Chemical composition & Nutritional Value of sesame seed».
the Legumes They are high in fiber1, proteins, complex carbohydrates, aminoacids, B vitamins (folic acid2), C, E, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc, and zero fat, sugars and salts, and so are regarded as the "miracle food;. If you combine that with additional protein, such as tahini, creates complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids!
Combining beans with Tahini receive the same proteins We would get by eating red meat!
1 The fiber, mainly non-soluble, help prevent constipation, especially if accompanied by increased water consumption, increase the movement of intestinal contents, improving the functioning and preventing the growth and proliferation of tumor cells in the intestine. The rich in different types of fiber diet protects against heart diseases, improving glucose levels and lipidionsto blood and lowering cholesterol.
2 Surveys have shown that folic acid It is important for prevention of heart disease and certain cancers. Are also important for fetal development because it helps prevent birth defects.
Caution: no product nantikatastisei drugs.
Decorate with some parsley leaves or with an olive!
Hummus with sardine fillets, pine nuts and pomegranate
- Salad hummus Pitenis
- 3 tbsp. Pine
- ½ cup. pomegranate seeds
- 7-8 sardine fillets canned
- lots of fresh parsley
- or fresh coriander, chopped
- a little freshly ground cumin
Puree in multi chickpeas in a tin with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt. Continue adding the oil little by little (as we do in mayonnaise). Grind until a velvety, tight cream. Transfer the hummus into a wide bowl and place over the remaining chickpeas, pine nuts, pomegranate and sardine fillets cut by hand. Pour a little more olive oil and sprinkle with parsley or coriander and cumin.
|Nutritional information per 100 g|
|474 kj/114 kcal